1. WHEN IS IT?
Dates in 2019 to be determined.
2. WHERE IS IT?
Stade IGA (formerly Stade Uniprix)
285 Gary Carter St. (Faillon)
Montreal, Quebec, H2R 2W1
Phone: +1 (514) 273-1234
3. WHAT TYPE OF EVENT IS KIDCON?
KidCon is presented in the style of a fan convention for children and families.
4. WHAT IS A FAN CONVENTION?
A fan convention is an event that celebrates the interests, entertainment and brands of its audience. In this instance, KidCon is an action-packed weekend where kids and families can enjoy activities, shows, panels and encounters assembled and designed for them.
Fan conventions also include marketplaces where attendees can purchase items related to their interests.
5. DO ADULTS ALSO NEED TO BUY A TICKET?
Yes. Every person over the age of 2 requires a pass. KidCon is an interactive family event featuring over 75,000 square feet of activities to do with your children.
Adults accompanying kids will be able to play video games, do arts and crafts, meet and take photos with characters, play board games, go on select inflatables, play with new and exciting toys, watch live shows and movies on our stage and find a host of unique products and activities all under one roof.
This means parents, grandparents, aunts/uncles, godparents and all other “big kids” get to have just about as much fun as the children too!
6. HOW CAN I BUY TICKETS?
Click on the “Tickets" button in the top menu for details on purchasing tickets.
7. IS KIDCON AN INDOOR EVENT?
Yes, KidCon is an indoor event featuring over 75,000 square feet of activities. These activities will be held within the Stade Uniprix indoor facility rain or shine.
However, there may be a few surprises outside.
8. CAN I BUY TICKETS AT THE DOOR?
Yes, there is a box office on site, located at the far east entrance.
9. WHAT DOES MY TICKET INCLUDE?
All activities are included in your admission ticket to KidCon. Your KidCon ticket opens the door to 75,000 square feet of entertainment geared to children and families.
This includes an inflatables playground, video game zone, crafts area, tabletop games area and stage featuring exceptional shows, plus a whole host of other activities. And, in addition to that: you get access to a range of exhibitors displaying all kinds of fun stuff, including rare merchandise and pre-holiday previews of new products. There’s plenty to keep everyone in the family entertained for one or two whole days.
10. AM I GUARANTEED TO PARTICIPATE IN A SPECIFIC ACTIVITY?
KidCon features well over 50 activities, all included in the price of admission. Families can try just about any activity they like (with only a few exceptions for age restrictions) as many times as they like without limit throughout the day.
Some activities take place at specific times, or are only available for a set amount of time. There are often lines to access the activities, and sometimes the time in line may exceed the availability of the activity; for instance if it’s nearing the end of the day.
Some activities may have a more limited number of spaces than others. For this reason, we are careful to offer many dozens of activities to ensure that you will always have something fun to do.
11. AM I GUARANTEED TO MEET A SPECIFIC CHARACTER?
KidCon does not guarantee any character appearances or encounters.
Character appearances are limited. They occur a predetermined number of times per day for a set number of minutes/hours. When a line has been identified as full for a particular appearance, the line is then closed and reopened afterwards for the next appearance (if there is one).
Here are a few tips for increasing your chance to meet a character:
1) Some characters have preview ticket packages. These tickets allow you entry to KidCon before the official opening time and guarantee a meeting with a particular character.
2) Arrive in line 45 minutes to an hour in advance of the scheduled appearance time. Though more time-consuming, this provides a better chance to meet the character. Please note that some lines may even close an hour or more ahead of time, should they fill up that far in advance.
3) Create flexibility in your schedule. This way, if you arrive and the line has been closed, you can return at another point in the day when line-ups may be shorter.
4) For some characters, KidCon may schedule quick appearances on the main stage where the kids can potentially get near for impromptu photos. If you have time constraints and/or do not necessarily need individual photos with the characters, this is a way to avoid the lines while getting to see the character briefly on stage and an opportunity to snap a photo of them.
Please note, typically there are also many ambulatory characters available throughout KidCon, who can easily be approached on sight.
12. CAN I BRING MY YOUNG CHILDREN?
Yes. The venue is stroller accessible, and there’s a private nursing area. KidCon is mainly intended for kids aged 3 to 12 and their gown-up loved ones, but children under 3 and teens will find plenty of fun too.
13. WILL THERE BE A DAYCARE AREA FOR YOUNG CHILDREN?
No. The idea behind KidCon is for families to enjoy it together. No child supervision (beyond event animators and KidCon security) will be provided.
14. CAN I BRING CHILDREN OLDER THAN 12?
Yes, all ages are welcome. While KidCon is geared toward children aged 3 to 12, teens will find plenty of fun activities to enjoy.
15. WHAT ACTIVITIES ARE OFFERED?
Click on the “Activities" button in the top menu for a full rundown of the fun.
16. CAN MY CHILD WEAR A COSTUME? CAN I?
Yes! We encourage children to dress up as their favourite TV/movie character, super hero, princess or animal. There will even be a Costume Parade on the main stage where they can show off their creative outfits.
Adults can come dressed up too! Anyone who wants to come in costume is welcome to do so!
17. WILL THERE BE FOOD?
Yes. There will be an indoor café area and other tasty treats.
18. SHOULD I BRING CASH?
Yes. While some exhibitors will take debit or credit cards, others might not, so it’s best to have some cash handy. There will also be ATMs on site.
SUSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER